We're always looking for talented, creative and passionate people to join our team. If you're interested in opportunities at DNAlite, please send us your resume and a cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DNALite is an early-stage startup that is hiring two junior research scientists. We are seeking energetic, creative and entrepreneurial individuals will work with the founders to design and conduct experiments to further the technology of the company. The scientist will get senior titles as the company grows and will help the founding team hire and expand.
This position involves work with drug delivery and nanoparticle formulation and characterisation. Applicant must have experience with designing and testing non-viral drug delivery systems, especially with gene delivery applications. Ideally, the candidate has experience working with liposome and solid lipid nanoparticle formulations.
Alongside the formulations, the candidate should also have experience with mammalian cell culture and routine molecular biology techniques. Familiarity with handling rodents for in vivo studies is a plus. If you are interested in working in a fast-paced environment with work spanning all facets of drug development, then this job may be a good fit for you. Your work will directly affect patients.
Overall responsibilities of the Research Scientist position are:
- Designing and executing assays
- Creation of new drug assets
- Analysing literature for new drug targets
- Wet lab work to advance the science
- Maintaining proper lab records
- Working with contractors
Technical wet lab responsibilities of the Research Scientist position include:
- Liposomal and/or other drug delivery formulation and analysis (MUST)
- Maintaining mammalian and bacterial cell cultures (MUST)
- Transfecting cell lines with engineered vectors
- Cloning gene expression vectors
- Molecular biology assays such as qPCR, microplate readers, flow cytometry and gel electrophoresis.
- Have a PhD in a relevant field and/or experience that they believe can serve as a replacement
- Display scientific competence in both tackling their own assumptions and in creating experiments
- Have a great sense of humour